Posted by: Bionic | 2012/09/05

Knee pain

Pse assist. I am 69 and I have a pain on the inside of my knee and at night it aches like toothache. The X Ray report states that there are several oval ossific densities noted overlying the posterolateral aspect of the knee join and may represent possible synovial osteochondromatosis. In laymans terms what does this mean and how can it be treated, ie with arthritis medication or gout medication ? Does it need some surgery ? Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageOsteopath

Synovial osteochondromatosis (SOC) is an unusual change or proliferation in the synovial joint-lining tissue, which changes to form bone-forming cartilage. Patient in pain should consider undergoing surgery. Please consult with your orthopaedic surgeon.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.