Question
Posted by: Astound | 2008/01/29

Knee Pain

Hi Doc. Durign the past few weeks, i have been experiencing a burnign pain feeling in both my knees, it occurs very little and only for a few seconds. But recently i woke up with stiff legs that felt as if i did a big walk the day before even though i didnt. And my one knee was sore as well. I went to see the doctor, but this was before the stiffnesss and he said that I have inflamaation in my knees and precribed cataflam. I am reluctant though to take the medication as Im currently taking alot of pills already for TB.

Could the stiffness be as a result of the inflamation and is there anything else I could do eg, walk more often to ger rid of the inflammation?

Thank you.

Dear Astound
No, if the soreness and stiffness persists, you may need to go for x/rays of the knees and you may need some bloodtests too – please ask your doctor to have another look. One can get TB infection of joints too, so this needs to be examined further.