Question
Posted by: Martin | 2008/01/31

Knee operation problem

Good Day, I was a heathy person who jog every day.I had no problems with my knees. I broke my left knee about a year ago and went for a operation to repair the break. The Doctor had to drill holes in the left sid of the knee to pull the break on the right hand side together.Doctor said to me that I will be able to run again after repairs. I recently went back to the Doctor and found out by him that my knee is byond repair, I must get a knee replacement. The thing that bother me is that the area were the was broken is 100% but the area were the hole was drilled have broken off and can not be repaired. I want to know is it possible thet the Doctor made a mistake and if so what can I do about it because I have a disability now with constant pain.Please reply and thank you.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Martin
Unfortunately I will not be able to comment on this. You must remember that with all surgery there can be complications and not necessarily because the surgeon was at fault. I suggest you discuss this with him and if you are not satisfied ,get a second opinion from another specialist.

1
Posted by: Kyfie | 2008/07/20

What are the implications of knee replacement surgery ?

Reply to Kyfie