Posted by: Mich | 2008/08/01

Knee injury - desperate

My husband tore his cruciat ligament a yr &  a half ago and went for reconstructive surgery.He went for vigorous physio for the first month or so and then did it less &  less.The leg seized into 1 position &  so he was back on the opporating table to try reduce the scar tissue build up. He still does not have full range of movement in his knee and I want to know what the best exercise would be for him to do in order to get his leg right?

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Mich,
As far as 'the best exercise' goes he should try cycling on a static bike set at the right seat height(very important). 5- 10 minutes daily, 7 days per week. Increase by 5 minutes per month. Low intensity on the manual program. It is not supposed to be Tour De France. This will strengthen al the muscles around the knee and is very theraputic.

I would also advise a visit to your local osteopath. Visit for more information.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath