Posted by: NUFAN | 2008/10/20

Knee injury

I am a 100m and 200m athlete and I have recently developed a pain in my right knee. Its not that bad while I' m running but its very painful when I try to do movements like hamstring curls. Its also very painful when I' m sitting upright, with my right foot on my left knee and pressing down on my right knee. The pain feels like its almost on the right side of my knee, but I can' t really pin point the source. If you could give me any suggestion I would appreciate it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageFitnessDoc

Hi Nufan

Safest thing to do is to see a doctor, because if you let it slide, then you'll find that it soon does start to affect your running. So you need to be seen to be diagnosed, I can't unfortunately do that online like this. So maybe a doctor or a physio is in order, and then just have it seen to. You'll also need to reduce training volume for a while, and then allow the recovery to be complete.

Good luck

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.