Posted by: Vera | 2008/10/03

Knee injury

Hi asked about my bruised knee the other day.Went to Dr and also got X-rays.No fracture and ligaments are fine.However it is now almost 2 weeks after the injury and I can not bend my knee at the end of the week I find that my foot and ankle are swelling now aswell (that goes down though at night when resting it) I obviously cant drive or do much at all.When touching just below the knee it feels like fluid above the knee cap.bruising is now coming up in a diffrent area to where the major bruising was before.Any suggestions??/

Dear Vera

Thank you for visiting

It sounds like if you have a pre-patellar bursitis. This can be treated with anti-inflammatories (Myprodol capsules), rest of the leg in at an angle and physiotheraphy. If this does not resolve the condition, which can take another three weeks, you should consult a orthropaedic surgeon.

Kind regards