Question
Posted by: blessed | 2007/07/25

knee injury

my friend has asked my advice which i am looking to you to help with, she is overweight by 30kgs, she has joined weightwatchers and have lost 5kgs already, she has a bad knee, walks with a limp...what is good exercises for her to do to assist with her weight loss?

Hi Blessed
Unfortunately, I’d be guessing big time, because I don’t know what “bad knee” means in this case. The exercise would depend entirely on what that knee problem was, and also whether it could be fixed up. Maybe it’s a simple matter of doing some gym exercises and problem solved. Possibly, she needs to have the knee sorted out first. I wish I could give answers, but I would be guessing so it’s impossible. I would say, however, that if she can, she can try cycling, swimming, possibly aerobics, as types of cardio training. Those are good ones, they should also allow the knee to cope.