Posted by: starfish | 2006/11/13

knee injury

i hurt my knee while ago
and it went away now i knocked it again & now i have fluid on my knee
its slightly swollen and i can feel there is water or something under the
skin. its just above the knee cap .knee a bit stiff & feels funny. need to no what to use to get rid of the fluid?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Hi starfish

If there is a feeling of fluid then it sounds like a bursitis. This is a fluid filled sac which occurs on bony points such as the top of thge kn ee, elbow etc. The ones on the knee are known as PARSON's knee, from kneeling too much, as in church and also housemaid's knee.( though now I guess it's known as housekeepers knee?)
Treatment includes icing it, avoidancve, bandaging anfd padding as well as , most ffectively, a corticosteroid injection.#


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.