Question
Posted by: starfish | 2006/11/13

knee injury

i hurt my knee while ago
and it went away now i knocked it again & now i have fluid on my knee
its slightly swollen and i can feel there is water or something under the
skin. its just above the knee cap .knee a bit stiff & feels funny. need to no what to use to get rid of the fluid?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi starfish

If there is a feeling of fluid then it sounds like a bursitis. This is a fluid filled sac which occurs on bony points such as the top of thge kn ee, elbow etc. The ones on the knee are known as PARSON's knee, from kneeling too much, as in church and also housemaid's knee.( though now I guess it's known as housekeepers knee?)
Treatment includes icing it, avoidancve, bandaging anfd padding as well as , most ffectively, a corticosteroid injection.#

DrP