Posted by: Jacqui | 2008/10/19

Knee Inflammation

My husband woke up two days ago with intense pain in his knee. It was localised, in the area just below his knee cap. There was no swelling or redness. We treated in with diclohexal and transact patches. However, the pain intensified and this morning the knee was quite swollen but not red. We consulted a healthcare practitioner and he was told it is Gout.
I have seen cases of gout before and this diagnosis just seems too quick and not correct.
He only experiences pain when he pushes on the knee or when he walks and has to bend it.

Your input would be appreciated.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Jacqui
If this is really bothersome and not getting any better, please see a rheumatologist- they need to do certain blood tests and x-rays before they can come up with a diagnosis.