Question
Posted by: Liezl | 2008/06/08

Knee excersise

My plica (in knee) was removed two years ago. Reacently I went to the doc just to check out If everything is still in order. Due to alot of discomfort and pain.
The doctor recomend "strength training". Can you recommend some strength training excersises which is save to do (maybe on the swiss ball).
Hope you can assist me.

Hi Liezl

Very difficult to diagnose anything and make suggestions, since I don't even know the cause of the problem. Strength training might be recommended for any number of problems, and the problem is that the type of training you do is different, depending on which one it is. So honestly, the best thing is to see that doctor and have them direct you, or at the very least, refer you to someone who can show you some exercises, because you can't just do strength training without knowing which muscles to target, and which to avoid.

Hopefully, you can get the doctor to give a diagnosis and then armed with that knowledge, he might send you to a bio who can help with the exercise.