Question
Posted by: F5 | 2003/12/24

KNEE

HI, I POPPED MY KNEE I A RUGBY GAME BUT IT DID NOT COME RIGHT OUT.THIS HAPPENED IN JULY 2003.THE DOCTOR SAID THAT I DAMAGED MY TNDONS AN WAS LUCKY IT WAS NOT MY LIGAMENTS.HE MADE ME REST FOR A FEW WEEKS WITH A KNEE GUARD.SICE THE I HAVE BEEN TRAINING MY LEGS VERY HARD,ESPECIALLY MY HAMSTRINGS TO TRY AND SUPPORT MY KNEE.IS THERE ANY THING ELSE THAT I CAN DO.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi F5
What you are doing is great but you will need to add in balance work and speed training which challenges your directional stability. You need to know that you can do everything you will be faced with in a rugby match before you are in one.
Douglas

1
Posted by: student | 2004/01/06

Execise the stabilising muscles of your knee, called vastus medialis muscle.Turn your foot to the outside, and slowly straighten your leg unttil full extention. Keep it there and slowly bend it down again. slow and controlled movement is the secret. if it is too easy, put a weight on your ankle and repeat. It doesnot help to exercise hammies and forget about quats!

Reply to student