Question
Posted by: tracey | 2008/01/30

kittens

My adorable cat had kittens 10 days ago. She decided the place to have them would be at the bottom of my little girls cupboard, however the mother decided to move them to the bottom of my linen cupboard, why did she move them? Should I keep them there? Also when will they start walking around and when do i have to start supplementing their food?

They sometimes move them to spaces that appear safer. They should be fine. The kittens move around from about 3 weeks and may begin lapping milk about the same time.

2
Posted by: Carol | 2008/01/30

I wouldnt bother moving her...its a quiet spot . And Sheryl is right please spay her.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Sheryl | 2008/01/30

Hi Tracy

She needs a quiet place for her and the kittens where she can feel safe, away from dogs and people walking up and down etc.
At around four weeks you can start introducing the kittens to soft food and then move on to a good quality kitten food like
Royal Canin after a week or two. They will still drink from the mom as well when they want to.
Please sterilise after these kittens are weaned - there are so
many cats without homes out there.

Good Luck

Reply to Sheryl