Question
Posted by: Kate | 2007/05/21

Kittens

Morning guys.
Well I went off to the bundu's to collect the kittens who turned out not to be feral at all.
Not to sure what the story is but in a nutshell they said they found these 2 kittens in an abandoned garage and started feeding them but that the dogs were trying to get to them.
The kitties look about 6 weeks old and were very scraggly.
The trip home took almost an hour and they cried all the way.
Once I got home I fed them, no hissing or spitting just very hungry little furballs.
I had to go to work so I left them, checked in on them at about 11pm when I got home, gave them more food and I went to sleep on the couch with the dogs.
Next morning went to feed again, the female is very cute and very adventurous, the male follows her lead but a lot more cautious.
Could pick her up but he wriggles.
I took a nail brush and groomed him (as he was very scraggly) in short brushes like a mommy cat would grrom her babies and he just purred. I kept checking on them during the day and then yesterday I moved them to my brother's room as my dogs sleep with me and it is to soon for introductions, they settled down in minutes, my step kids and friends came over to see them babies and the kitties just played chase the paper on the end of a string all afternoon.

These babies are very social and will make very good pets.

Problem is I have named them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will keep you updated.

Kate and co

Well done. Who is going to respond when the folks in the house yell Kate!?

2
Posted by: Carol | 2007/05/21

Oops ..... I can see you rehoming them ..... definately:)

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/05/21

That is so cute Kate.
That is my problem with looking after animals, I want to keep all of them, and would be heart-broken if they left.
Glad you managed to rescue them from whatever they were going thru !!

Reply to Natasha