Question
Posted by: twinkles | 2007/02/25

KITTENS!!!!!

I have 6 kittens looking for homes. 2 ginger, 1 cream and 3 grey tabby. Please help, also can someone please tell me the cheapest way to spay mommy cat. I am short on cash I really wish spaying animals was free................

If you qualify for financial assistance the SPCA will spey your animal at a subsdized rate. Most veterinary practices subsidize the cost of speying so your local vet will be able to help you as well. By subsidize I mean that they will charge less for a spey / neuter procedure than for a procedure that takes an equivalent length of time and cost. For example half an hour's surgery might usually cost R2500 but a spey in a large dog may cost about R1200.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2007/02/27

Contact kitten action - they are in Durban

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Chill | 2007/02/26

If my vet were to charge anywhere near R1200 to spay a large dog, he'd have to do without my custom.

My large dog was spayed less than a year ago for half that price.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2007/02/25

HI there! Wish I could take one of your kittens although I already have 16 cats (and 6 dogs). Unfortunately I live in the Garden Route. The cheapest way for spaying is to go to your local PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) or your local SPCA can help. They charge about R150 which is quite a drop from the standard R500 - R600 but it goes according to your income.

Good luck.

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: TWINKLES | 2007/02/25

oH i FORGOT TO MENTION I LIVE IN DURBAN. SO IF ANYONE KNOWS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO SPAY A CAT AND WOULD LIKE A KITTEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW - THANKS

Reply to TWINKLES