Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2007/03/19

Kitten's dry food dilhemma

How can I get my 5 month old kitten to eat dry food? She will only eat it if I mix tin food in with it. I want her to only eat dry food for her health and my convenience.Thank you.

Slow mix less and less canned food in with the pellets. You can also begin by softening the pellets with warm water. As she gets used to the softened pellets you can add less water until she will take them dry.

2
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/26

My kittens love the dry food I had them on Whiskers but changed to Friskies cause they say they have milk in them and the kittens love them, I am going to change to Hills on pay day - I had this dilemma before just hang in there your kitten will eventually get used to it.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Blaah | 2007/03/19

What type of dry food are you feeding her?
have you tried wetting it a little with some warm water ?
or to perhaps over time give her less and less tin food in her dry food till she is "weened" off it

Reply to Blaah