Question
Posted by: Jors | 2007/04/26

Kitten question

I have a kitten about 10 weeks old. When must I take him to the Vet for injections and which should he have. Did give him de-worm tablet about 3 weeks ago, when again? He only gets tin food, Pampers Mother and Kitten, and his stool is not solid….what can that be. Advice appreciated thanx

The kitten is due for the first vaccs and your vet will give it what it needs. They should be wormed every three months or more often if worms are a problem - you will see some of them if they are a problem - look like miniature rice grains. You can take a sample of the faeces with you to your vet and ask them if it is normal. They can do some tests on it.

1
Posted by: Kate | 2007/04/26

Hi Jors.

I would take the kitten to the vet for a check up and its vaccination just to be on the safe side, your vet will also administer another deworming.
Canned food is very nice for your cat but can cause very bad gum disease so I would introduce a premium brand kitten dry food (I only give my cats a tablespoon of canned food on the weekend as a treat).
Oh and have him neutered at 6 months as male cats tend to wander around alot and he could get run over or killed.

Reply to Kate