Question
Posted by: Darr3nh | 2007/03/13

Kitten likes to lick

Hello all,

I was just wondering what is up with my cat? It makes no difference if I've just climbed out of the shower or just arrived back from gym, but my cat has this thing that she licks me non-stop for a few minutes.

Does anybody know what this is about? Is it normal?

Regards,

DJ

It is common especially in animal weaned early. It can also be a sign of affection.

2
Posted by: Tray | 2007/03/14

My cat is 10 years old and every now and again she sucks on my neck. She was weened too early - although I like to think it's affection! I don't mind her suckling on me - although I've had a love bite or two - and you can just guess how many people believe me when I say it's the cat!
I agree with Lea - it is great to have a cat that doesn't just ignore you. Enjoy it.

Reply to Tray
Posted by: Lea | 2007/03/13

My 3 year old x-breed female cat does the same with me, but worse is, she does it with my toes and I want to die when that rough tongue goes between them. Anyway, I think she does it because she is very affectionate and I am sure the salty taste also interest her.

She is such a little attention seeker, if I don't rub her and give lots of kisses, she will attack my calves and bite me until I get down on all 4's and give her a good bit of attention.

Enjoy it, not all cat lovers have the pleasure of being licked by their kitties ....

Reply to Lea