Question
Posted by: Flea hater | 2004/01/08

Kitten has fleas!

I would like to de-flea all my pets (2x adult maltese & 1 adult cat, as well as the kitten -3 months old ) all in one go. Can I use the same product on all of them or do I have to use something a little less "strong on the kitten? Which product is best?

It is VERY VERY IMPORTANT that you use the correct treatment on the kittens and the cat. Please speak to your vet to get the correct formulation and the correct dose. If you use an adult formulation on the kitten you can cause toxicity and even death. There are very safe preparations available from your veterinarian, so please speak to him or his veterinary nurse to obtain the correct one for your cats and kittens.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town