Question
Posted by: Lily | 2006/07/14

Kitten doo doo

I have adopted a kitten .I am a little bit worryied I took her to the vet the other day and he gave her her first injections since then i have noticed some blood in her Poo please could you give me some advice to what could me causing this. I thought it could be worms so I have de wormed her but I am still worried.Please help

Yes it could be worms and may not be associated with the injections. Please call your vet and ask if the vaccines they use have know side effects of blood in the motions. Blood can be present after giving worming tablets as some worms will cause bleeding where they have been attached to the gut wall. If the bleeding is still present please take a sample of the motions to your vet for examination.

1
Posted by: Sas | 2006/07/14

Maybe she was constipated and from oushing to hard burst a blood vessel which could be causing the bleeding i can't say for sure maybe a mild laxative might help but if it persists i suggest you see a vet it might be serious.

Reply to Sas