Question
Posted by: Charmaine | 2003/01/20

Kilojoules

Hi there, I would like to know if you could tell me the amount of kj a person is alowed according to his or her hight and weight.
Hope you could help me

Dear Charmaine
The SA Recommended Daily Alllowance (RDA) for energy at present uses a general figure of 12000 kJ for all adults. The USA RDAs differentiate for different ages and between men and women: The US RDA for energy for women between the ages of 11 and 50 years is 9 200 kJ per day. I would be inclined to use the American value, which is quite a bit lower than the SA figure.

1
Posted by: Lee-Ann | 2003/01/22

Hi Charmaine

I am so glad to see there is some-one else out there that is also interested in following a Kj restricted diet. have you managed to work out your food and what food has what kj could you let me have any info that you have and how much you should burn in a day in order to loose weight??
Many Thanks
Lee-Ann
lwatson@panasonic.co.za

Reply to Lee-Ann