Question
Posted by: ANON FOR THIS | 2008/05/23

killing of foreigners

I think what is happening in our country at the moment is terrible but this was bound to happen. These people should not have been allowed here in the first place and every SA that employs an illegal immigrant should feel a sense of responsibility. We are not supporting our fellow SA with work. They are just as desperate. Look after your own first. and now we are sheltering them and feeding them - they should be bussed back to their own countries. I know this sounds harsh but where are all the tents, blankets and soup kitchens for our starving SA .
I have felt very strongly about this. I do have compassion for their plight but SA cannot take on more problems than it already has. and this thing has escalated and led to this terrible violence.

sigh

22
Posted by: maria | 2008/05/24

I believe and agree what you say but I am struggeling with the statement that God created the children. I ask again: Why will God let drug addicts and murderes have children.

I do not understand it.

Reply to maria
Posted by: Jane | 2008/05/24

Ok. We have allot (understatement) of foreigners in the country. More good ones with morals as bed ones if you believe it or not.
Yes, Our government is to blame because it was just a matter of time for the bomb to explode and they decided to sit and see how it goes and then maybe decide if and what they will do. All of them up each others asses.They are playing Marco polo with peoples lives!

Just remember. "Our poor south Africans"(and I am speaking out of a middle class good education, common sense and moral value point) It might have started with racism but that was never the problem, the problem is that there was never done enough to keep the criminals of the street, to educate the future children of south Africans between right en wrong.
There are over millions of children growing up in this conditions and growing to keep the "wonderful legacy of crime that there pears have left them"
The foreigners work really hard for really little, and yes some of them are just being used for selfish purposes but at least they had a home to go to. Many South Africans working for government, minimum wage maybe afford to eat 4 times a week. But we all know about the food crises ex.

But again it has absolutely nothing to do with race, colour or
believes. It is a basic war between good and evil. People have gotten through there days without looting and killing so don’t tell me its because the food prises went up.

The foreigners don’t want to be here. Have you ever though about that!? Alone, families in other countries to feed.

What are you doing to make a difference?
I know what I am doing, problem is I get to emotionally involved and I am not strong enough for that.
All I can do more is Pray!!!!

Reply to Jane
Posted by: lucy | 2008/05/24

God is also a God of vengeance. In the Old Testament he wiped out cities because of there wickedness. Think he cant do it again??? Dont bet on it!!!

Reply to lucy
Posted by: GB | 2008/05/24

I LOOK AT ALL THE BICKERING UP HERE AND I HAVE TO THINK......WHERE IS GOD IN ALL YOUR LIVES ???
MURDER IS EVIL AND EVIL IS FROM HELL.
WHO IS YOUR GOD ? MY GOD IS A GOD OF LOVE, PEACE, KINDNESS, CHARITY. HE IS A CREATOR, NOT A DESTROYER.
IF YOU CONDONE DESTRUCTION THEN YOU ARE SERVING THE WRONG GOD. ULTIMATELY THE PATH OF DESTUCTION LEADS TO DEATH. WHERE ARE YOU HEADED ??? COME PEOPLE...LIVE AND LET LIVE.

Reply to GB
Posted by: lucy | 2008/05/24

Zintle,
Want to make it a white/black issue? Yes, white woman in SA are lazy, but black people have become lazy!! Why? Because it is the white mans fault, trying to change black people and to westernize them. Want the fast car, flushing toilet, designer clothes, latest cell phone but still wants to slaughter the cow in the back yard of the ultra modern house in whereever. Cant have your bread buttered both sides. Be one or the other but dont use your culture when it suits you , like Jacob Zuma.

Reply to lucy
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/05/23

Adding insult to insult.....

many people in the informal settlements have formed a kind of aparthied amoungest themselves as the zims, reside as neighbours, so the malawins etc... so dont use the racial card on this one... it's over used and mostly ignored...

Aparthied went out the window in 1994, the only place it's stays alive is in your head.

"why should I accept R90 if I am worth R150 so you don't want to see improved lives when it comes to black folks they should always be slaves live in shacks, in your company if you were under paid u would surely look for another job. "

You should really take time to read my post with a better understanding before you jump to conclusions. The above text was not used in the context you understand it...

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: ANON2 | 2008/05/23

oh watever Zintle...get over the " blackness " issue. We pass that stage already. And by the way im not white just so u know. Why must it turn into a racial issue always when u guys need to defend yourselves. Just accept
that its the mentality of some of the people in this country, which is sad, becuase we taught we passed the balck & white issue. No one is asking for you people to settle for less, it has to be earned in the right way.

Reply to ANON2
Posted by: ANON2 | 2008/05/23

o

Reply to ANON2
Posted by: Zintle | 2008/05/23

Before the foreigners flooded our country who did all these menial jobs for little money, Whites just like exploiting blacks. we fought for a living wage and conditions of employment why should I accept R90 if I am worth R150 so you don't want to see improved lives when it comes to black folks they should always be slaves live in shacks, in your company if you were under paid u would surely look for another job.

Stop saying south africans are lazy they are not u are the lazy one u can't even clean up after urselves blacks do that for u and south afriicans for that matter

Reply to Zintle
Posted by: Milo | 2008/05/23

To Maria

When it is said that you should love your neighbour, that means we have to assist others who are in need. Those street kids out there, do we ever talk to them to find out why are they out there? do we ever try to assist them? some you will find they are on the street because they don't have parents, but what do we do as the country which cares? Are we leaving that to government? who is government? how will they know about the plight of those kids?

What i am trying to say is this: The kids on the streets etc are our responsibilities too as the nation. God loves us all, and I believe as a Father, He will not rejoice in seeing his children suffer.

Therefore, as individuals we also have to come to the aid of those who are suffering "Two are better than one… If one falls down, his friend can help him up” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).

"Mostly everyone goes through times in life when they feel a little lonely or wonder where they belong. God designed a family to always be a place of love and acceptance. Maybe you didn’t come from an environment like that, or maybe you’ve been away from your family. Maybe they are no longer around. God still desires to meet that need for family.

The Bible says that He is the Father to the fatherless, and He places the solitary in families. God wants to give you a circle of people you can trust who will embrace and accept you. If you need family today, ask God to meet that need and show you where you belong. Or maybe you are the one who can open your home and heart to someone who is alone. The point is God loves family. He designed family for a purpose. Jesus said in Matthew 12 that those who do God’s will are His family. When you are part of the family of God, you are never alone! He promises to never leave you or forsake you. He promises to fill you with His peace and joy so that you can live as an overcomer all the days of your life! "

Reply to Milo
Posted by: ANON 2 | 2008/05/23

My 2cents for day....Our SA people are plain down lazy. All they do is complain and feel sorry for themselves and when they cant get there way , this barbaric act means its there way of getting things. While I agree we do have a influx of foreigners and yes they maybe casuing problems, but hell they atleast trying to make a living elsewhere like any other person who imigrates to other coutries for better pastures.
How different is that, Did any of this idiots who started this realise how we SA could be treated now around the world or realised the consequences for everyone.
We brag about being PROUDLY SA , gee wizz what do we have to be proud about being butchers to the world out there.
Disappointed !!!! This was definately not the way to go.

Reply to ANON 2
Posted by: T | 2008/05/23

Nicky wish everyone was as brave as you are in supporting and quoting Gods word. I also wish everyone was more like you in the ways you think, what a wonderful world it would be. Thank you for your posts Nicky I really enjoyed them, regardless of what replies you have gotten on here. Keep up your wonderful way of thinking and may God Bless your soul.

Reply to T
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/05/23

Thanks Milo,

I will, My Way has gotten me thus far and I am a child of GOD...

Different strokes for different folks...I guess...

Have a pleasant day...

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Buffs | 2008/05/23

I am terrified of living here right now. How long until they start targeting white immigrants? I am british and i have lived here (legally) for 14 years but i am terrified to talk to people now in case they hear my accent etc

We cant keep living in fear like this!!

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: MARIA | 2008/05/23

Milo

Wondering about God. That thing about God created us. Why did God created all the street children. Why did God created a child for a mother that is a drug addict, or murderer or what else?????

I personally took my Domestic worker to apply for a hop house in 2004. Lots of other who applied after her got houses and she is still waiting. everytime that we go there they say her name is still on the waiting list.

Reply to MARIA
Posted by: Milo | 2008/05/23

I think the same countries who assisted our leaders in the past were not the perfect world as you put it, but they managed with as little as they got and continue to share with the Africans that you are so worried about. What is wrong with us in returning the favour. By the way, if we believe everything that we read it means we still have a long way to go. If you can take time to do your own research you will find that the same monsters you are referring to are being caused by us, South Africans. I am glad you understand how the word of God works, because it says 'you can't see what is in your brother's eye before taking out what's in yours". Talking about charity I think is the polite way of being selfish.

Nicky, good luck with the way you think continue to be strong in your belief.

Reply to Milo
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/05/23

Totally get what your saying....

However, there alot of SA citizens that do not earn much and would like to do some mainitance on thier homes knowing that there is not much money to work on... they use cheap paint or second a gates and just need someone to do it... maybe they cannot afford that R150 but rather R90... i don't see anything worng with it...

R90 is better than nothing.

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: ANON FOR THIS | 2008/05/23

Nicky I am the only one that employs a SA domestic in my family ON PRINCIPLE. It seems that I have a wonderful lady who works for me with never a moments trouble and is not lazy. My sister however has endless trouble with her Zim domestic.
And as you so rightly point out - these foreigners get employment because SA are exploiting them. Would you like to earn R90 per day - do you think it is greedy to want to earn R150 per day??
My husband employs casual labour - pays them properly and only employs SA - they are hard workers and do their job

Reply to ANON FOR THIS
Posted by: ANON FOR THIS | 2008/05/23

I know my history and how these countries supported political refugees at the time. Do you think if a family is starving and cant feed their children they should open their home to a few orphans?? That is the same thing - Yes I am only worried about the "bread on my table" - the bread on the table of all fellow south africans. Whilst we have high unemployment, starving children living on the streets we should not be helping foreigners. this is not a perfect world. We cannot look after other people if we cannot look after our own. and just to add - if you follow the newspapers on a daily basis you will find that the majority of the people committing crime in our beloved country are foreigners SO we have invited another monster into our home - not just stealing our jobs but committing crime as well
By the way I am a christian and do believe in helping others BUT i also believe charity begins at home. I dislike hypocrosy - u know those christians that work in the soup kitchens in full view of their fellow christians but give little thought to family members that may need help!!???

Reply to ANON FOR THIS
Posted by: Afrikaner | 2008/05/23

Anon you rock!

Reply to Afrikaner
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/05/23

Kindly take note that a foriegner who has come over the border looking for a better life here in SA, will take a odd job, like tiling, painting etc... for a few rands like maybe R90, where as a guy in SA wants R150 or more... The foriegners are grateful for what they get. Some SA citizens are to fussy and too greedy.

Also I strongly think that Mugabe (the a s s wipe) has sent people over here to cause this riots to get people back to his country so he torture them furture into voting for him since seeing there will be a run off soon...
The forienger have been her for so long

WHY NOW DO THE SO CALLED SA CITIZENS WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT????

ITS JUST A BLADY EXCUSE BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO LAZY AND BRINGING SA DOWN EVEN FURTHER WITH THIER BABERIC BEHAVIOUR!!!

SIS THEY SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED!

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Milo | 2008/05/23

Good morning Anon for this

I feel greatly disturbed about your comments regarding the killing of fellow Africans. If you follow the South African history, you will realise that the same countries where these so called foreigners come from, have sheltered our leaders during the struggle in our country.

Secondly, God created us as his children not Africans, Europeans etc. He created us for a purpose. I would say it was for a purpose that those countries took care of the likes of Dr Mandela, Joe Slovo, Oliver Tambo who were in exile for some time (centuries). Their countries supported the cause of the South African struggle, they even allowed the banned political parties to operate in their countries to further the cause of our struggle. If this is how we going to thank them, by burning them alive. It means that as South Africans we don't know what it is to be thankful.

People like you I would say are the ones who does not bother to enlighten themselves about the history of our country. As long as you have bread in your table everyday, you assume that everything it's okay and that is how it should be, forgeting that other people suffered for you to have a life like that.

I appreciate what our government is doing in trying to assist those foreigners. If I had the means I would do the same.

Enjoy your day.

PS: I hope this will reach your heart:-

"God’s system works on the principle of sowing and reaping. What you pour out will come back to you in increased measure. When you give generously, a generous harvest will return to you. When you help others succeed, you will find abundant success on your path, too. What are you investing in the lives of the people around you? Are you helping others get ahead? There are people in your life who hold the keys for you to reach your full potential. These are people that God has placed in your life for you to help along. The higher they rise up, the higher you will rise up. When you give generously of your time, talent, and resources, you are setting yourself up for greater success. People will come across your path that will help you grow and reach your full potential. But you have to do your part to step out and sow the seed. Be on the lookout for ways you can help others. As you give of yourself to help others grow, you’ll rise higher and live the abundant life He has in store for you." by Pastor Joel Osteen

Reply to Milo