Question
Posted by: BJ | 2006/04/12

kids playstation/compter games time limit

Hello, please can you advise me on the amount of time kids should be aloud to spend on a computer or playstation game. My one child gets very upset when he is limited time wise. He'd rather stay inside and play on games then go outside. (Is he addicted)
I now have limited all my kids to 2 hours in the morning and 2 hour in the afternoon and would like to know if this a reasonable limitation.

BJ

Dear BJ
More than reasonable - they actually advise not longer than 1/2 hour at a time. They must be active as well otherwise they get fat, unfit and it can damage their bone growth and eyes to spend long periods sitting in front of the computer. My sincere empathy with your problem - have 2 of my own to deal with....