Question
Posted by: aromatic guide | 2003/01/25

kidney/bladder infection.

hi

could you please tell me what purbac ds and also prednisone, please.

thank you
aromatic guide

AG, Purbac® is an antibiotic and prednisone is a form of cortisone. Let me know if you have more questions (just post them as a new question otherwise I won’t get them). Good luck.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2003/01/26

Purbac is an antibactarial drug (it's the generic version of Bactrim) containing co-trimoxazole, trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole, antibacterial agents and is commonly used to treat and prevent urinary tract/kidney infections. This is assuming the urine sample was sent for lab testing, where they do culture tests on the urine to confirm whether or not it is a genuine infection and, if so, sensitivity tests are then done to inform the doctor treating you which antibiotic your infection is sensitive/resistant to.

Predisone is a syntethic corticosteriod drug, usually used for treating inflammation.

Reply to anxious