Question
Posted by: Elly | 2004/10/11

kidney stones and failure

What to eat to prevent future kidney infecitons. should one take calcium supplent, even if it may lead to the formation of stones? Should I take any other supplenets? My symptoms are mainly extreme fatigue. I am a bloodgroup A positive. should that be taken into account, when thinkin gof a diet? The creatine levels in my kidneys are too low and my urine also exteremely acid. What does this mean and what can I do? there are no doctors in my part of the world, so would like to get your advice.
Elly

Dear Elly
It depends what is causing the kidney infections and/or failure. If you are suffering from actual kidney failure then it is essential for you to consult a Urologist and a clinical dietitian. I cannot prescribe a general diet for someone with such a serious condition. You need individual treatment. I can also not make out if you have kidney stones or not? Please do arrange to see a Urologist in your nearest centre and at the same time make an appointment to see a clinical dietitian ((check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your nearest large town). I can't give an opinion about the calcium supplements as I am not sure if you are developing calcium kidney stones or not. A low creatinine level indicates that your kidneys are not function correctly, which underlines the importance of getting professional medical assistance - your life could depend upon you getting the right treatment, so go ASAP.
Holding thumbs for you