Question
Posted by: Danni | 2007/06/18

Kidney stones

Last week had a really bad UTI. My lab results came back showing I have too much calcium in my urine. According to the doctor this will lead tokidney stones and she asked me if I drink a lot of milk, which I don't. I don't even eat a lot of dairy products but I do like chocolate. How will I know where this calcium is coming from and what can I do to prevent kidney stones from forming?

Dear Danni
some people just excrete high calcium levels in the urine, or get this due to high parathyroid hormone levels. It is not always diet related. Your doctor should actually do more tests to determine the cause.

1
Posted by: danni | 2007/06/20

Thanks doctor.
Could you explain to me why I keep on getting UTI every month. My husbands urine always tests clean.

Reply to danni