Question
Posted by: SW | 2005/06/01

Kidney Stone - 19 Weeks pregnant

I am 19 weeks pregnant and have a kidney stone. Although it is merely uncomfortable now, i am concerned that during the third trimester the pressure on my bladder will cause complications. Is there anything i can take at this stage to dissolve the stone?

In pregnancy, kidney stones are usually managed conservatively. The laser would not be used. Why don't you cross that bridge if a problem arises.

1
Posted by: HANNAH | 2005/06/01

It is possible to dissolve it with a LASER beam. Your gynaecologist and urologist will need to discuss this matter with each other though, before making an informed decision.

Reply to HANNAH