Question
Posted by: Bong | 2007/08/02

Kidney infection

How long must a person wait before going to clinic/doctor, my urine has been having blood for about two/three months now, i thought it was gonna be fine, but it hasn't, now it only have blood in the morning than during the day its normal, what happening? and what are the risks? Can i buy Antibiotics from a pharmacy? if i can what is the name of the tablets? Can I use the tablets even if im breastfeeding? Ur help will be much appreciate.

Dear Bong
No rather see your doctor - this must be properly examined as it can be a sign of serious kidney disease too.

3
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/02

Its a pleasure. Please I was not trying to be nasty or anything - I am just saying don't worry unnecessarily about kidney failure being your problem because of the blood in your urine, if that is what you are worried about, before you get an opinion from a doctor. Blood in the urine is a very common symptom of bladder/kidney infection or kidney stones. But kidney stones would be accompanied by excruciating pain in the kidney area. This pain can come and go and is not necessarily there all the time, but it is usually severe if it is a kidney stone problem.

Either way, please see a doctor asap, you really need to sort this out.

I dont know of any other possibilities with symptoms of blood in the urine other than the ones I have mentioned.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Bong | 2007/08/02

you just guessing about having the kidney failure because of the blood? You wont necessarily have that .(Quoted)

What do u mean by this, lets say its not kidney infection then what can it be, thank you for the advice, it has made me make the decision fast.

Reply to Bong
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/02

Short term blood in your urine is NOT normal. The fact that you seem to have had it for as long as 3 mths is DEFINITELY NOT normal. You should have been to a doctor long ago to investigate this and you could have already caused some damage to your kidneys. Were you just guessing about having the kidney failure because of the blood? You wont necessarily have that but you DO need to see a doctor urgently and should probably have an IVP/kidney sonar to see what damage, if any, has been caused to your kidneys. You CANNOT afford to play around with kidney problems. Please go to your doctor TODAY. It really is something you need to deal with urgently and should rather go to a doctor and not a clinic because you might not get the full necessary Iinvestigative tests/procedures at a clinic.

I have chronic kidney problems and have only one kidney and I cannot afford to play around when I get any kidney problems. You might, if you are lucky, just have a very bad bladder/kidney infection which needs prompt antibiotic treatment. You cannot get antibiotics without a doctor's prescription and in any case you need to find the cause of your problem promptly.

Reply to anxious