Question
Posted by: steph | 2007/04/04

kidney

I had a bladder irritation for which I took a homeopathic bladder irritation formula for three days then I had one day of severe diarrhoea with flu and since then I have periodic pain in my kidneys, more on the left than the right. The pain is not severe but how long do I give it to go away before consulting a doctor? My urine burns slightly at present but I will only take the homeopathic formula if it burns a lot.

Dear Steph
No you should please at least test your urine at your nearest pharmacy or see your GP - you may need antibiotics before this develops into a full blown kidney infection.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2007/04/04

If you are getting burning urine pain and kidney pain you could well be developing a bladder/kidney infection Homeopathic treatment will NOT help in any way to treat either of these infections, if this is what you have. Untreated kidney infections can be serious and should NEVER be ignored as it can result in damage to your kidneys. Go to your doctor and have a lab urine test (MC&S urine test). This is a very accurate urine test and the doctors can then determine what antibiotics are resistent/sensitive to your type of infection if your results are positive. It is never a good idea to play around with possible kidney trouble.

MC&S = microscopy, culture and sensitivity urine test

Reply to anxious