Question
Posted by: h | 2004/11/15

Kessar tabs

Hi. I would like to know why would a Urologist give my husband Kessar tabs 10mg 1pd. Thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

Kessar (Tamoxifen) is a non-steroidal anti-oestrogen preparation. Once a medicine has been approved for marketing for a certain use, experience may show that it is also useful for other medical problems. Although these uses are not included in product labeling, tamoxifen may be used for other medical conditions. I will list some of the potential uses of tamoxifen in men.
This same drug that is used to combat breast cancer in women may help unclog arteries in men, possibly leading to a lower risk of heart attack; Some doctors recommends tamoxifen as treatment in patients with painful gynecomastia of recent onset; Tamoxifen be used to stimulate gonadotropin (male hormone) release, which leads to testosterone production - This may be helpful in increasing sperm production, treat hormonal dysfunction, etc.; Treatment of the rare occurance of male breast cancer; It has been used in the treatment of desmoid tumors, a condition with properties similar to Peyronie's disease (formation of a plaque or hardened scar tissue beneath the skin of the penis); etc., etc., etc.....
As you can see, there are various reasons this may have been prescribed. It would be best to ask your husband's doctor yourelf should you still have questions.

6
Posted by: Lorna | 2015/12/03

I have been told that I must take Neophedan for 5 years.I have stopped chemo and radiation as the reason was 12% chance of reoccurance. I had a lump removed in my right boob and 12 lymph glands of which 2 were malignant. but the op a success. I want to treat myself the Holistic healthy way. Do I still carry on with Neophedan?

Reply to Lorna
Posted by: sherelee | 2015/10/05

Het neophedan gebruik maar is nou op kessar gesitsonder om my te kontak ek wil graag weet wat die pille in gemeen het.

Reply to sherelee
Posted by: sherelee | 2015/10/05

Reply to sherelee
Posted by: Wynand Marais | 2014/07/24

Can the use of Kessar cause urinatetery problems?

Reply to Wynand Marais
Posted by: h | 2004/11/16

thanx

Reply to h
Posted by: maree | 2004/11/15

He gave the Kessar tabs to your husband because he maybe have high androgenic that can causes aromatizing or conversion of testosterone into estrogen.

Reply to maree