Question
Posted by: ID | 2005/01/04

Keppra - hormone impact

Doctor

Currently i am on Keppra - I had a braintumour removed - the medication is to prevent any epiliptic attacks.

I am also on the Pill - Femmodene. My question is - I have pigmentation on my checks and upper lip - I heard that the Pill causes pigmentation. Is the best option for me to go off the pill - will the pigmentation stop and improve? Please also let me know if Keppra impacts on my hormone levels etc.

The Pill can cause pigmentation. Stopping it may not reverse the effects that are already there, but should prevent any worsening. You could try a lower dose Pill such as Minesse.
Keppra will n ot interfere with the Pill or vice versa.