Question
Posted by: S | 2005/01/11

Kegal Excercises

Hi Sexologist:
I have heard of "Kegal Excercises"...I would like to know, how do these excercises work & how do i go about doing them.I have heard that they strenghten your penis...is this true?

No, it strengthens your pelvic floor muscles, which helps with orgasm control.

There is a band of muscles stretching from your pubic bone in front and extending back between your legs to your coccyx bone in the back. Along the way, this sling of muscles surrounds the sphincter of your bladder, your vaginal opening and the sphincter of your anus. These muscles are clinically known as the Pubococcygeus muscles, or more commonly known as the PC muscle. To talk about the PC muscle may be an over simplification, as there are actually several muscles making up the pelvic floor.

Many younger women have been introduced to their PC muscle during a pregnancy or postpartum, as these are the muscles that women are advised to exercise to restore muscle tone following childbirth. Many older women have been introduced to the PC muscle because these are the muscles that are exercised to correct the condition known as urinary incontinence (the involuntary loss of urine when coughing, sneezing, etc). In fact, the exercise of the PC muscle as a medical treatment for urinary incontinence was first proposed in 1950 by surgeon Arnold Kegel, after whom the exercises have been named.

In 1952, Dr Kegel published a report claiming that the women doing his exercises were becoming more easily, more frequently and more intensely orgasmic! These are the muscles that contract rhythmically during orgasm in both men and women. It is not surprising, therefore, that sex therapists have emphasized the importance of their involvement in the orgasmic reflex. Thirty years after Dr Kegel’s article, sex therapist Bryce Britton wrote a book entitled “The Love Muscle” calling her publication “Every woman’s guide to intensifying sexual pleasure.”

Now about 52 years after Dr Kegel made his “discovery” and after several decades of “prescribing” the Kegel exercises as a component in teaching women to become orgasmic (or more easily orgasmic), what can we say about “Kegeling the love muscle?” We can say that doing the exercises will tone up the sphincter of the bladder and may slightly tighten the muscles around the opening of the vagina. We can assume that a well toned muscle will contract more powerfully than a flabby muscle… hence the likelihood of slightly stronger orgasms. We can report that some women squeeze their PC muscles, force blood down into their genital tissue and turn themselves on. A very small minority of women might even be able to bring themselves to orgasm exclusively with pelvic floor contractions. It is safe to say that a woman can add novelty to a sexual encounter by voluntarily squeezing around her partner’s penis … maybe fun for her, probably fun for him.

6
Posted by: Designer guy | 2005/01/11

Yep, Othello, I agree. It helps a guy to control his ejaculation. Guys that struggle with early ejaculation would normally try these exercises.

Reply to Designer guy
Posted by: Othello | 2005/01/11

Sorry for you ........ but they are useful in both males and females. In females, they halp tighten the muscles in the vagina, and in males, they help with erections and ejaculation. Check out the sites on Google and the archives on this site. Also, the spelling is Kegel.

Reply to Othello
Posted by: ........ | 2005/01/11

Kegal Excerise is for females and it makes there vigina musles tighter it has nothing to do with a mans penis

Reply to ........
Posted by: SR | 2005/01/11

Well let me know how it works cause If this can help you to stay hard all the time then wow ....

Reply to SR
Posted by: S | 2005/01/11

SR, i just want to try this out.I heard that i works...
I would like to hear what the Sexologist has to say!

Reply to S
Posted by: SR | 2005/01/11

Look up on Google... there are lots of reference sites

Why do you need to strengthen your penis?? When it's hard it's hard and when it's soft it's soft .... Getting a hardon quickly after orgasm is an art ..... I am not sure that Kegal Exercises apply in this respect? Correct me, I'm talking off the cuff here...

Reply to SR