Question
Posted by: Russell | 2003/02/13

Keeping it off

I am currently working hard to lose weight. This includes watching my diet closely and exercising between 1 - 1 1/2 hrs every day (mainly weight training and running). Since the start of the year I have lost about 5 kg's and my pulse has dropped to around 53 bpm. I would like to say it has been easy, but it has taken a lot of hard work and commitment.

I am worried that as soon as I slow down my training, I will put all the weight back on. Is there anything I can do to help keep it off?

Thanks in advance,
Russell.

Dear Russell
You don't mention how much you currently weight and your height in metres so that I can work out your BMI. If you are actually within the normal weight range then you should not gain weight even if you reduce some of the exercise. I think you are wonderful for doing such an intensive programme and for losing those 5 kg - well done! Watch your fat intake and eat plenty of high-fibre food and you won't regain.