Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2005/01/13

Keep gaining weight!! Please help!

I started to gym beginning of last year doing weights (not to heavy weigths). Since then I have kept on gaining weight. Before I started gym i weighed 70 kilos. Now I weigh 90 kilos. I have been eating healthy and not trying to eat junk food. Why do I keep gaining weight? I don't even fit into half of my clothes anymore. What else can I try? Please help me. I am very desperate. And I don't believe in slimming tablets or any of those things!!!!!

Dear Daisy
I apologise for only responding to your question today, but I had to have an operation last Wednesday, and although I informed the boffins who administer the Message Board, they failed to block incoming messages while I was in hospital.
I am most surprised to hear that you have gained 70 kg while exercising and not eating incorrectly. I suspect that there must be another underlying reason and would recommend that you have a medical checkup to see what is going on (i.e. imbalances with female, thyroid or insulin hormones, or depression, etc). Let's first get a diagnosis and then we can see what dietary changes are required.