Question
Posted by: vis | 2007/03/07

kcal

I use a heart rate monitor while training, and have been told that it is fairly accurate.

As an example - it told me I burned 720 cal yesterday (was a long hard session), and yesterday I ate the following:

20g Oats, with tsp honey
2 x 100ml fat free yoghurt
1x Apple
1 x Nectarine
60g Low GI bread with "reduced fat" cheese, and tomato - no butter
Thai chicken curry (incl. some veg) with salad & 140g pasta
40g cashew nuts

If I do this (the excercise part) 3 times a week - should I theoretically lose weight?
I am not over weight - but would like to lose about 2 - 3kg, to feel more comfortable!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Dear Vis
The energy that you expend doing exercise will not only help you lose weight because of the energy you burn during a session, but because it also raises your basic metabolic rate for up to 24 hours afterwards. The diet your describe is also low in fat, which will reduce its energy content, so this should also contribute to weight loss. Just don't overdo the weight loss if you are not overweight in any case as it is not a good idea to have an extremely low weight - this exposes you to various health risks and lowers your resistance.