Question
Posted by: SNAPPLE | 2003/01/20

KCAL

How many kcal do I burn off when cycling (inside) for 40 minutes. I give my self a break after 20 minutes with some leg exercise and then do the other 20 minutes.

Hi snapple

It depends on your weight, your genetics, the power and intensity at which you are cycling etc etc.
- so this is difficult to answer. However, on average it could be between 400 - 600 calories per hour.

1
Posted by: BigBadJon | 2003/01/20

Hello

It all depends on you age, sex and mass. I weigh around 77kg, am male and am 30 years old. I go by the rule of thumb of 100 KCal for every ten minutes of medium bike riding. Obviously, the harder you work, the more calories you burn. The drawback is that it's not always fat calories.

In fact, the lower your heartrate the more fat you burn. My heart rate monitor gives me all the figures I need, I suggest you buy one of are going to do any excerside well.

Jon Gericke

Reply to BigBadJon