Question
Posted by: Joni | 2007/08/14

Karma is a b*tch - Puppy Killer dies

Puppy killer dies in accident

Aug 14 2007 07:25:15:357AM

Francois du Plessis

Puppy killer Phillip Matthysen has died from massive head injuries following a car accident on the R50 route to Delmas, near Rietfontein.

Johannesburg - The man who caused a countrywide uproar after using a chainsaw to cruelly behead his husky puppy earlier this year, died in a car accident over the weekend.

Phillip Matthysen, 31, rolled his vehicle in the early hours of Sunday morning and died on the scene.

Sergeant Marinda Scholtz said Matthysen was apparently en route to his smallholding in Sundra, Mpumalanga, when his black Toyota Land Cruiser overturned and he was thrown out of the vehicle.

The accident occurred in the early hours of Sunday on the R50 route to Delmas, near Rietfontein.

Stoltz told Beeld that workers on nearby farms heard a loud noise at about 04:00 that morning, but they were too afraid to investigate.

No witnesses

"A passing vehicle spotted the wreck at 07:00 and police were then summoned to the accident," Stoltz said on Monday.

She said Matthysen was already dead when the police and paramedics got to the scene.

"There were no witnesses. We're not sure if a tyre burst or if the deceased lost control of the vehicle, but he was thrown out of the car when it rolled a few times," Stoltz said.

Prince Mbiza of the Mpumalanga emergency services was one of the first paramedics at the scene.

He said on Monday that Matthysen had clearly died as a result of "massive head injuries".

"The accident must have happened between three and four hours before we got to the scene," Mbiza said.

According to him it was difficult to say if Matthysen had died instantly, or only later.

His body was taken to Bronkhorstspruit mortuary where a post-mortem will be held to determine the exact cause of death.

Matthysen caused an uproar in June when Beeld reported that he'd used a chainsaw to behead his still-living Siberian husky.

When he was sentenced in July for animal abuse, the marketing consultant said in an affidavit that he had used a petrol-driven chainsaw to saw the dog's head off "during a fit of fury".

This was after the four-month-old dog had chewed through the electrical cable of his security gate and killed an exotic macaw parrot.

Magistrate C E Moldenhauer sentenced Matthysen on July 24, to 12 months in jail or a fine of R10 000.

The full sentence was suspended conditionally for five years.

In terms of the sentence, the deceased also had to pay a fine of R5 000 to the Springs branch of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(SPCA).

I heard this on the news this morning as well, thanks for listing the whole report for us.

8
Posted by: Lilly | 2007/08/16

I feel no sympathy for this poor excuse of human! He got exactly what he deserved!! Should've suffered alot more before he died though!!!

Reply to Lilly
Posted by: Ragan | 2007/08/16

Perhaps if we all chant together, the barbarians who hacked the limbs off pigs will face the same fate

Reply to Ragan
Posted by: Carol | 2007/08/14

Oh yes !!! I also believe in karma ...

One less abuser to worry about!!

Reply to Carol
Posted by: SUN | 2007/08/14

Well, I could not believe my ears when I heard the news report on the radio this morning - I also cheered - that is justice for you - I hope that he felt a bit of pain before he passed on(sorry but I cannot help it!)

So all you animal abusers out there - watch out!!!

Reply to SUN
Posted by: J | 2007/08/14

Without being insensitive to the dead, heraing that on the radio certainly cheered me up.

Reply to J
Posted by: Joni | 2007/08/14

Yup, the irony of the head injuries wasn't lost on me!

If you don't respect life it won't respect you!

Reply to Joni
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/08/14

A classic case of you reap what you sow :-)

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: Buffs | 2007/08/14

yes, i am a wiccan (actually a greenwitch) and believe that what ever you do will come back to you 3 times for better or worse.

Funny how he died from head injuries and the poor puppy died from having its head chopped off...

Reply to Buffs