Question
Posted by: Jason | 2007/12/06

Kangoo Jumps

Have you tried out Kangoo Jumps and are you aware of there benefits?

Hi Jason

No, I haven't tried them, so I'd be speaking a little out of turn to make specific suggestions about them. I must say that it looks like it could be fun, but I have to confess a scepticism towards the health benefits, because much of the work is done "passively". So one benefit is that you reduce the impact (the report it as an 80% reduction), but you also affect the total muscular work and that means the benefit is not as great as it might be for running. On the whole I think it's probably a little gimmicky...as for research, none really to speak of that compares it to normal exercise and so one can't even say with certainty how it compares. I guess you'd have to try it, but I wouldn't be replacing normal/classic exercise with them any time soon.

Ross

1
Posted by: Jason | 2007/12/13

I did a bit of home work myself, on there web site they have numerous tests that have been conducted at different universities world wide. The boot has a canter leaver system which was designed by NASA and based on the principles on of reboundology (are you aware of these principles). Cellular exercise is working with acceleration, deceleration and gravity in a vertical plane, For similar levels of heart rate and oxygen consumption, the magnitude of the biomechanical stimuli is greater with jumping on a trampoline than with running.

Reply to Jason