Question
Posted by: peanut | 2007/12/13

just wondering - miscarriage

Hi girls...

please feel free to comment everyone...

is it normal to worry about having a miscarriage? I am 6 weeks pregnant and went to the gynae on Monday. he's very happy with the way things are developing so far. I am the paranoid one, and I am terrified that something will go wrong - suddenly I read all these stories about babies dying at a few weeks and the moms don't even know until they go for a scan later on. Does this happen very often? Would you in the majority of cases have symptoms of a miscarriage?

I am abnormal for worrying so much? Thanks for reading this... I appreciate it that you took the time!

It is normal to worry but the majority of pregnancies are uncomplicated.

2
Posted by: MB1 | 2007/12/13

Hi Peanut
Yes Dear it is normal to worry. I am not going to say stop stressing and so on because it will be on your mind all the time till that baby is in your arms and crying healthy! I would suggest however that you take extra care of yourself. Some people does say that woman tend to treat pregnancy as an illness. I can honestly say after loosing my baby at 34 weeks ....... if i ever fall pregnant again i won't do half the things i did when i was pregnant with him. I didn't do harmfull things like drinking and drugs but i stayed active doing hard work (not that hard) i will definately rest more and relax more and just enjoy the pregnancy. When you start feeling worried do something that makes you relax and daydream about your baby. You will even start having nightmares because i think that is the way God created woman....... we have this over developed sense to protect our babies and even till the day you die you will always worry about your baby even if he is 50 years old
Good luck and may you have a blessed and healthy pregnancy

Reply to MB1
Posted by: Jen | 2007/12/13

Hi peanut
I'm 7.5 weeks now and believe me it is also always at the back of my mind.
I have come to realise though that it is out of my control and if it happens it happes. Just eat healthily don't drink or smoke and relax.
Hope it makes you feel better to know that you are not alone in your worrying.

Reply to Jen