Posted by: lady pta | 2008/10/29

just wondering

hello dr I am a 49 yar old lady. I wanted to take something of a shelf when i realise my hand dont know what to do it shaked and would not move the way my brain did it was only for a vew seconds though. is there something i should know or see

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Lady Pta
You need to see your GP - you probably need referral to a neurologist. This could have been a TIA ( transient ischemic attack) or temporary stroke. In itself it isn't harmful, as you won't have any permanent side effects, but it is often a warning that you are at high risk of getting "real" stroke within the next year or two. You need to be examined to see if you have any possible risk causes ( could be irregular heart rythm, or cholesterol plaques in the neck arteries, blood being too thick) so that they can start treatment and prevent a stroke before it happens. They normally do blood tests for coagulation factors, a full blood count, a heart sonar, sonar of the arteries in the neck, cholesterol tests.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Anonymous 2 | 2009/04/30

my brother has a problem with his blood being thick, this was found out after doctors removed a clot from his leg, he takes 2 injections a day plus weekly check ups but blood is not weakening,he is very worried

Reply to Anonymous 2

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.