Question
Posted by: Not Sure | 2006/11/07

Just wondering

I am 36 years old and would like to know if it is wise for me to try falling pregnant again. I have 2 boys aged 8 and 10?

There would be a slightly increased risk of Down syndrome. Otherwise no problem if you are healthy.

1
Posted by: Maya | 2006/11/08

The risks are obviously higher the older you are. You must consult your doctor who will examine your general health (blood pressure; weight etc). If you lead a healthy lifestyle; are not over weight and your blood pressure is fine then it should be ok.
My aunt had her first child at 36 and the second at 38 (and she is a heavy smoker) so it's not impossible, just do it correctly and safely to avoid complications! Worst case you'll just have more considerations when pregnant :)

Reply to Maya