Question
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/11

Just wondering

Dear Cybershrink
Is it possible that extreme stress can cause a feeling of being watched?

Hi El-Jo,
I suppose it could --- extreme stress, even severe though not extreme sress, can be very versatile --- it can CAUSE a wide range of problems, physical and mental ; and it can amplify and worsen, even bring into the open, mental and physical probems which might not otherwise get noticed.
And to your rephrasing --- yes, stress can precipitate a psychotic episode ( gee, you speak shrink-speak !) ; and for instance Depression can have very psychotic episodes, as can Manic periods within a Bipolar disorder, both clearing up when the mood disorder is properly reated.

1
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/11/12

I think I should rephrase my question. Is it possible that stress can trigger psychotic episode?

Reply to El-Jo