Question
Posted by: PUDDEL | 2003/02/19

just wondering

because my insulin levels are very high 13.8 my doc sugested that I go on a no sugar and
charbohydrate diet.
Does this mean no wheat products??
and will it make a difference if I eat popcorn and nuts if I'm trying to loose weight?

thanx in advance

Dear Puddel
I always recommend that anyone with insulin and associated weight problems should consult a clinical dietitian who will work out a specific diet for your condition (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) to obtain the name and address of your nearest dietitian). Eating a zero carbohydrate diet is totally opposed to the recommendations of international and local dietetic associations and may cause more harm than good. Please do consult a dietitian, it is really worth it.
Take great care