Question
Posted by: dont know | 2006/11/08

just want to know

hi doc i went to my gyno about 5months ago because iwas getting really pain full periods and sex was painfull as well i had 2 ultersounds and they where clear trhen she wanted me to have a lapascopty but i feel ill she thinks i might have endometriosis but i have being on a few antibotics for my illness and things started to settle down so i went back to my gyno 2 weeks ago and she said we will try the merina and see what will happen but what scares me is that i have herd that you can get colon cancer i am sure ther is heaps off women out their liveing with endomertriosis out their i hav3e had 3 periods before the merina and they have being pain free my first pap test that showed low grade abnomal that why sae things i might have the endomertriosis and she wants another early next a pap test because i could just have had a infection i have had a few infections

If you are feeling better then there is probably no need to do anything now. The Mirena does not cause colon cancer. You should have the repeat pap test though.