Question
Posted by: Shy-Guy | 2004/11/04

Just Shy

Im 19 years old & since a small boy i was always shy & i still am.I don't talk 2 girls really & talk very little 2 guys.
I only talk 2 guys (friends) that im close with.
At work i talk very little 2 the ladies & gents sitting next 2 me.Usually i talk 2 them when they ask me something or greet them in the morning & evening; the rest of the day i keep 2 myself & also have my lunch alone.
Im very shy 2 talk 2 girls & 2 sit alone with them also.If i try & talk it's like i have lost my tongue or i will say the wrong thing...or else i will stutter...word won't come out....????
Is there any way i can overcome my shyness????
Any guys out there that are shy like me????
Don't know how im going 2 get married...need help!!!

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

shyness at its most extreme can be very debilitating for people, and makes it difficult to socialise. It can sometimes be helpful to spend time with people you do feel comfortable with as this will begin to build your confidence.

You could also think about getting hold of a self-help book on shyness or social anxiety. Try your local bookstore or on the net at www.exclusivebooks.com or www.kalahari.net

Alternatively you might want to consider booking an appointment to see a Clinical Psychologist who will assess where the problems lie for you, and they can offer you strategies to deal with your shyness.

Hope this is helpful. It best to do something about building your confidence now. What you will begin to see is that there are lots of positive things about yourself that will help you to feel less shy, you need to re-discover these things.

2
Posted by: woof | 2004/11/11

Hey, I am exactly the same way, and I absolutely hate it!
Not only am I shy to talk to people, but I can never meet new people, I am too shy to introduce myself.
The problem that creates is that people begin to think that they can just talk over you, therefore shyguy, I suggest that you do what I did, start ignoring humanity, I have found that I am a much happier person being completely on my own. I have dumped the few friends I had, because I admitted to myself that they didn't respect me.
It's called :"THE POWER OF ONE",
one is the perfect number.
Good luck.

Reply to woof
Posted by: Soslo | 2004/11/04

TREAT GIRLS LIKE YOUD TREAT ANY ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS AND THEN LATER IT WILL COME NATURALLY TO TALK TO THEM

Reply to Soslo