Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/05/21

JUST PICKING UP WEIGHT

HI
I have been to dieticiens and tried every diet. I am 31 years old and weigh 54.4. (Always weighed 51.2kg)
My eating plan look like this:
Breakfast: 30g of All Bran with fat free milk/no sugar
10:00: Tea
Lunch: Tuna salad without salad dressing
15:00: Apple
Supper: Chicken/Fish/Meat with veggies
No starches
2 litres of water

I train for 3-4 times a week. Weight training and cardio (program)

I have picket up more that 2kg in the last 2 weeks.

What now?

Dear Worried
I cannot assess your BMI to see if you are actually overweight or not, because you do not list your height in metres. Body weight can fluctuate by up to 3 kg in a single day due to factors like water retention, without you having gained any fat. It is very unlikely that you would gain fat on the minimalistic diet you ingest and with all the exercise you are doing. If this is due to water retention then I would recommend that you have a medical examination to determine why you are retaining water (electrolyte imbalances, mineral deficiencies, kidney problems, etc) so that the condition can be rectified.