Posted by: Mia | 2008/07/30

Just need to know....

I need to know if it is true that a person can love two people at the same time???

And people say you cant help who you fall in love with???

Please shed some light.....

There's no fixed law about that, Mia. Many people would say if you are fond of two people at the same time, one or both may be fondness but wouldn't be love. And part of the problem is voluntary and involves choices --- you don't HAVE to allow yourself to get emotionally involved with 2 people at the same time. There's aspects you can't control in who you find you easily like, but falling in love isn't like being hit by a meteor. totally at random --- it involves voluntary elements, and putting yourself in situations in which it can happen. I don't think that one day you pull up to buy petrol, and suddenly, helplessly, fall deeply in love with the petrol pump attendant.

Posted by: Blondy | 2008/07/30

At the moment i love two men. My Ex and my new boyfriend. Me and my Ex where together for 13 years and then i made the biggest mistake of my life. I fell in love with another man ( Stupid of me ). I thought that i will not cheat on him but have to make a choice. I moved out. Then it did not work with this new guy. He got together with somebody els. Then i got together with somebody els too. I was lonely and needed love. Then his new relationship did not work. We are still in contact and both admited that we made a mistake but now i am in a relationship with a person that i love too . I dont know what to do. I love two men.

Reply to Blondy
Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/30

There is physical attraction and love. I have been bowled over by what, in my opinion, were absolutely gorgeous guys but I didn' t really like them much, it felt like love but wasn' t.

For lasting love you need the physical and you need to really like the person, be his/her best friend.

There are so many different types of love, I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my friends and I love my cat but the one you want to spend the rest of your life with must be your friend, your support, your guide and your love. You have to be able to have a conversation and really like him.

Reply to Curious