Question
Posted by: Rene | 2007/04/04

Just need advice, plz....

Hi Everyone!

I havent posted anything 4 quite a while now, but i need advice AGAIN, plz!

Remember i had a mc in 2004 on 8weeks and now in Jan 07 again on 4weeks.

I had my periods twice allready and will be getting it in this week again. We wana ttc again, but im scared! I am so scared its gona happen again.

The 1st pregnancy was a normal pregnancy and i had the mc and the second one was an ectopic pregnancy. I had a mc and did need to go for a d&c.
Im drinking my folic acid.

I dont drink any alcohol or dont smoke. My fiance doesnt drink or smoke either.

I just wana know what i can do next time before i fall pregnant and after i fell pregnant not to hav a mc again.

Expert ImageForumArchive

Dont be scared to conceive again. Try to be strong. Taking your folic acid is a must, even pre conception. No one can predict a mc. You can be a chain smoker and alcholic and you might not have a mc, then you can lead a healthy life and then have a mc. No one knows. Relax, and take things slow. Take up a hobby, something like painting. Go out with friends more and take your mind of ttc. Do some mild excersize and spoil your husband!

4
Posted by: Rene | 2007/04/04

Nats, i dont currently have medical aid.
What is the cost of something like that?
Do i just go back to my gynae and ask him to do the screening for recurrent pregnancy loss?
What do they do?
Im not fimilar with any of this.

Reply to Rene
Posted by: Nats | 2007/04/04

Hi \rene. I also had 3 mc and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Please ask you dr to do a screening for recurrent pregnancy loss. I know they only do it after 3 mc but my dr did it after the 2nd one and found out that I had an underactive thyroid and also are insulin dependant. Please let them check it out. I know it its hard but at least you know what are you dealing with.

Reply to Nats
Posted by: Rene | 2007/04/04

Hi Von!

I live in PE.

Preganancy chatline and Von;
Thanks for the advice!!!

xxx

Reply to Rene
Posted by: von | 2007/04/04

how about seeing a fertility specialist just to get some good advice and extra attention until you are pregnant and when you are you will be closely monitored and they can spot any problems very early and treat it!

if you in CT i recommend Cape Fertility Clinic in Claremont, all the Doctors are amazing!

Reply to von