Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2004/10/25

Just me or is it a girl thing???

Why do i always fall inlove so quickly...or is it just a girl thing cause i feel like a complete idiot when i fall inlove right after the first kiss...please tell me how to prevent this from happening... cause i'm clueless....

Thanks....

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Tammy,

our feelings are complicated things and many people male and female fall for others very quickly. This does of course leave you open to disappointment and being hurt as for the other person this may have just been a kiss and no more. It is best to try and not start looking ahead too far just because of one kiss. Take things one day at a time and see how things progress. Whilst this can be anxiety-provoking it can also be an enjoyable and exciting time.

I have no doubt you will meet people and have relationships with them, but take things more as they come rather than building uo huge expectations only to be disappointed.