Question
Posted by: Anonimas | 2007/07/18

Just feel so alone

I do not know what is wrong woth me but I've been crying since early this month. I though I was stressed because my son was going to hospital for an eye operation, he did and everything was fine. Another thing was that my family didn't support me. On the day of the operation they didn't even bother to call until I called them to tell them that my son is in theatre and my mom just asked me when am I going to deposit money for them. These people are pensioners and they are only two at home! I was so desappointed but I just said I will give them and I did deposit it on suturday. But even though everything went well I'm still crying a lot if I;m alone and I don't know why. I feel like I have no one to talk to since I decided not to bother my family anymore.

I do have a boyfriend but I don't want to see him and he is angry coz even if I go to see him my mood doesn't change. I don't want to do anything with him even sex. So now he doesn't want to call or talk to me. I feel so alone and empty and have only one reason to live that is my son.

Clearly you may well have been experiencing stress, but so much weeping sounds like a bit more than that. It sounds awful that your mom ignored the child's operation and only worried about receiving unearned money for herself. As yhou say, you feel very alone, and don't seem to be receiving the affection and support from your family, where you would expect it. Maybe you need to stop expecting what they, for whatever reason, seem unable to give, and develop new friends with whom you can exchange support and comfort. Maybe see a good local counsellor to be able to talk through these issues and find more peace. It also sounds as though you may have been developing a Depression, and should see a GP or local shrink about this, so that you can receive appropriate treatment for that, and regain a more cheerful mood and more realistic optimism

2
Posted by: Maria | 2007/07/18

Hi Anonimas
I am so glad to hear that your son's op went fine. Sorry though that your family is still not supporting you at all. I think that under your circumstances most people would feel depressed and helpless, you really don't need to feel bad about this. As for your boyfriend... if he cannot support you when you are feeling down, is he worth being in a relationship with?
I hope you can follow CS's suggestion and get some help. Also try and do something nice for yourself, you deserve it.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: LL | 2007/07/18

(((HUGZ)))

heres a big hug for girl,

Sometimes you cannot understand ppl's shelfishness and inconsideration especially when it's family... But hang in there... At least you have your son and you guys are "family". As for your BF if cannot understand see that you are going through a tough time then he really does not you...

pull yourself towards yourself... sometimes we dont find the answers to everything especially the behaviour of others.

hang in there and god bless.

Reply to LL