Question
Posted by: chapie | 2010/06/21

just discovered I am pregnant

Hi, I just found out via blood work that I am 5 weeks pregnant. What bothers me, is that I did have a few drinks while I still didn''t know, and I have taken 2 lenapains a day for chronic back pain. I know that these can''t be consumed during pregnancy, please tell me if I have placed my child at risk for taking this medication?

Also, when should I go to my gynae?

Thanks.

It depends what a few drinks is. One or two a day should not matter and the pain tablets should not affect the baby. If you have no medical problems and no problems in previous pregnancies, as long as you see your gynae by 10 weeks, that would be fine.

3

Posted by: Purple | 2010/06/21

You should see your gynae as soon as possible for them to do a scan to date the pregnancy. You''ll also be able to hear the heart beat. Phone and you should get an appointment for during this next week.
Usually you''ll see the gynae next at about 13 weeks.

One or two drinks before you know you are pregnant won''t cause harm.
Ask about the back meds when you see your gynae.

Buy6 yoursel fthe book " what to expect when you are expecting"  it is really useful and reassuring.

Reply to Purple